Applewood is a well established area in Mississauga, it is location close to Etobicoke border, residents have convenient access to Toronto.
Dixie is a well-established and diverse neighborhood in the city of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. This community is known for its mix of residential areas, industrial zones, and commercial districts, making it a unique and dynamic part of the city. Here’s an overview of the Dixie neighborhood:
1. Location and Accessibility: Dixie is located in the eastern part of Mississauga, with a portion extending into the western part of Toronto. It enjoys excellent transportation links, with major routes like Dixie Road and the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) passing through the area.
2. Housing and Commercial Variety: The neighborhood features a blend of housing options, from single-family homes to townhouses and apartments. Dixie also contains a significant industrial and commercial presence, with warehouses, factories, and various businesses coexisting alongside residential areas.
3. Schools and Education: Dixie is home to a mix of public and private educational institutions, including elementary and secondary schools. Nearby institutions include St. Basil School, Silverthorn Public School, and the Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre, which offers various programs and resources.
4. Employment and Industry: The neighborhood’s industrial areas are an essential part of its character. Dixie is home to many businesses and industrial operations, which provide employment opportunities and contribute to the local economy. The region’s industrial activity has been a significant driver of development.
5. Shopping and Services: Residents have access to a variety of shopping centers, plazas, and services. Square One Shopping Centre, one of the largest malls in Canada, is a short drive away, offering a wide range of retail and dining options.
6. Transportation and Commuting: Dixie is well-connected in terms of transportation. It’s served by MiWay, Mississauga’s public transit system, offering bus services that connect residents to other parts of the city. Commuters can access major highways like the QEW, providing easy connections to Toronto and other areas of the Greater Toronto Area.
In summary, Dixie is a dynamic and diverse neighborhood in Mississauga, known for its mix of residential, industrial, and commercial spaces. Its strategic location, variety of housing, and strong industrial presence provide a unique character and opportunities for employment. While it might not be a traditional suburban community, Dixie offers a dynamic urban living experience with easy access to amenities and transportation, appealing to a range of residents and businesses.
to save your favourite homes and more
Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.