Rathwood is located in central Mississauga . Its a good family friendly neighborhood with most homes built in the 1980s
Rathwood is a well-established and family-oriented neighborhood located in the city of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Known for its mix of housing options, green spaces, and community amenities, Rathwood is a popular place to call home. Here’s an overview of the Rathwood neighborhood:
1. Location and Accessibility: Rathwood is situated in the eastern part of Mississauga, making it conveniently located for residents and commuters. It is bounded by Burnhamthorpe Road East to the south, the Etobicoke Creek to the north, Dixie Road to the west, and Tomken Road to the east. This central location provides easy access to major transportation routes and neighboring communities.
2. Housing Variety: The neighborhood offers a diverse range of housing options, including single-family homes, townhouses, and apartment buildings. The architectural styles range from traditional to modern, catering to a variety of preferences among residents, from families to young professionals.
3. Schools and Education: Rathwood is home to several educational institutions, including Tomken Road Middle School, Applewood Heights Secondary School, and St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School. These schools cater to students of all ages, making the neighborhood appealing to families.
4. Parks and Green Spaces: The neighborhood boasts a variety of parks and green spaces, such as Garnetwood Park and Woodington Green. These areas provide opportunities for outdoor activities, picnics, and leisurely strolls, enhancing the overall quality of life in Rathwood.
5. Shopping and Amenities: Residents of Rathwood have access to shopping centers, plazas, and local businesses for their everyday needs. Square One Shopping Centre, one of the largest malls in Canada, is within easy reach, offering a wide range of retail stores, restaurants, and entertainment facilities.
6. Transportation Links: Rathwood benefits from an efficient transportation network. It is served by MiWay, Mississauga’s public transit system, with several bus routes connecting residents to other parts of the city. Major roadways, including Burnhamthorpe Road and the 403 Highway, offer convenient access to Toronto and other parts of the Greater Toronto Area.
In summary, Rathwood is a diverse and family-friendly neighborhood in Mississauga, known for its housing variety, educational opportunities, green spaces, and a strong sense of community. Its central location, accessibility to amenities, and ongoing development make it an attractive place to live for a wide range of residents seeking convenience and a high quality of life within the Greater Toronto Area. Rathwood embodies the qualities that many seek in a well-rounded suburban community.
to save your favourite homes and more
Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.