Meadowvale is a more established community with a mix of houses and apartment buildings. Most homes are built from the 1970s
Meadowvale is a diverse and well-established neighborhood located in the city of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Known for its mix of residential areas, commercial amenities, green spaces, and strong sense of community, Meadowvale is a popular and family-friendly place to call home. Here’s an overview of the Meadowvale neighborhood:
1. Location and Accessibility: Meadowvale is situated in the northwestern part of Mississauga, with its boundaries extending from Winston Churchill Boulevard to the east, the Britannia Road to the south, Erin Mills Parkway to the west, and the 401 Highway to the north. This central location provides residents with easy access to major transportation routes and neighboring communities.
2. Housing Variety: The neighborhood offers a diverse range of housing options, including single-family homes, townhouses, and condominiums. Meadowvale features a mix of architectural styles, from traditional to modern, to cater to the preferences of various residents, including families and young professionals.
3. Schools and Education: Meadowvale is home to numerous educational institutions, making it a popular choice for families. Some notable schools include Meadowvale Village Public School, Meadowvale Secondary School, and St. Richard Catholic Elementary School.
4. Parks and Green Spaces: The neighborhood boasts several parks and green spaces, providing opportunities for outdoor activities, picnics, and leisurely strolls. Lake Aquitaine Park is a focal point, offering a scenic lake, walking trails, and community events.
5. Shopping and Amenities: Meadowvale Town Centre, a shopping mall with a variety of retail stores, dining options, and entertainment facilities, serves as the primary shopping hub. Additionally, local plazas and businesses cater to everyday needs.
6. Transportation Links: Meadowvale benefits from a well-connected transportation network. The neighborhood is served by MiWay, Mississauga’s public transit system, providing bus services within the area and connections to other parts of the city. Major roadways such as Highway 401 and the 407 ETR offer easy access to Toronto and other parts of the Greater Toronto Area.
7. Community Engagement: Meadowvale has a strong sense of community, with local associations, events, and initiatives that encourage residents to engage and interact with their neighbors. The Meadowvale Residents’ Association is one of the organizations actively involved in improving the neighborhood.
In summary, Meadowvale is a diverse and family-friendly neighborhood in Mississauga, celebrated for its housing variety, quality education, green spaces, and strong sense of community. Its central location, access to amenities, and ongoing development make it an attractive place to live for a broad range of residents seeking a comfortable suburban lifestyle within the Greater Toronto Area. Meadowvale embodies the qualities that many seek in an ideal residential community.
to save your favourite homes and more
Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.